Performance Coach Vacancy
An exciting opportunity for a well-motivated coach to assist in the development our LTA LPDC funded Performance Academy and the Performance programme at an amazing Surrey venue (inc. sponsorship package).
LTA Level 3 (or working towards)
4th April 2021
Paid hourly - £25-35/hr (with potential bonus incentives)
Woking Lawn Tennis Club is looking for a Performance coach at their prestigious 17 court club in the affluent surroundings of Hook Heath, Woking. The role will be self-employed with up to 12hrs in the performance programme (+other hours in the programme if required) and 10hrs private lessons initially available.
The Coach will work with the experienced Level 5 Head of Performance and be prepared to be open and share their best practice with the existing coaching team, whilst incorporating the Woking LTC performance programme values. They will have to plan, organize and Coach within the Academy programme which includes a large number of committed and driven juniors at or working towards County/Regional level. and there is a Club funded budget for tournament/match visits with high performance players. A great sponsorship package from Head is also on offer, with complimentary rackets, clothing and equipment.
This is a challenging and rewarding role for the right individual, with great career development potential, working in a team of 9 other coaches at the Club and local Satellite venues. Assistance may also be available to further develop the successful candidate’s qualifications in the future.
The selected coach will also have the opportunity to take on individual sessions as the lead coach and also work with the head of performance in sharing individual player development.
Overview of the venue/company
Woking Lawn Tennis Club is known as one of the finest membership-owned tennis facilities in Surrey and has 21 courts (3 Grass, 6 Artificial Clay, 8 Hard + 6 Mini/Touch Courts), as well as full clubhouse, bar/restaurant, changing rooms and Coaches staff room. The club runs numerous Grade 2, 3, 4 and 5 junior tournaments throughout the year, as well as an ITF Seniors event. The club runs over 20 teams (inc. several at Premier level) and compete in team tennis all year round and hosts various level LTA tournaments. There is a well-established and vibrant membership (400 Adults / 300 Juniors) and coaching programme (350 Juniors) and performance academy with numerous satellite schools and clubs feeding into the programme.
Criteria looking for (can be also working to achieve some):
- Driven and passionate in performance tennis and player development
- LTA Level 2-4 Performance Coach (or equivalent PTR/RPT qualifications with LTA Accreditation+)
- Knowledge of the Mini Tennis/LTA Youth system, as well as tournament structure and grading
- Excellent communication and organisational skills essential
- The ability to work within an existing team of coaches and coaching assistants
- Ability to take all age/level of players in group and individual lessons
- Can plan a full term of group coaching for county level+ juniors
- Experience of online planning and SMART goal setting for players
- Strong competitive playing background (County team / ITF junior level)
- Experience in coaching players from mini tennis through to county/regional level players
- Keen to develop their own coaching skills, knowledge and qualifications (financial assistance may be available towards this)
- Computer skills; email, office (word/excel) and social media essential
- Desire to watch and travel to their players events when required
The position will be self-employed and initially involve a mixture of performance and club junior groups, and individuals, but a very good opportunity exists to build client base at the Club and to help develop the junior programme.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering note to Mark Wisdom (Head of Performance): firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be interviewed over the two weeks following the closing date with role beginning on the 19th April.