We were very pleased to be able to re-open the Club following the full Coronavirus lockdown. The LTA has now developed a set of practical guidelines which are regularly updated for venues, coaches and players to follow so that tennis can be played in England during lockdown in the safest possible way.
Having made a range of adjustments at the Club to ensure these guidelines are followed, we wanted to make Members particularly aware of the following;
In advance of play;
- Singles or Doubles play is permitted, however during peak times (Sat/Sun) courts must be booked online. Mon-Fri courts are still first come first served (this may change if courts get busy).
- Please wash hands and clean equipment before and after play (+ fill your water bottle at home and ensure you bring hand sanitiser with you to use before/after touching any surfaces at the Club)
- Only arrive at the time you are playing (Clubhouse, social areas and washrooms are all closed)
- On arrival; access is via the side gate which will be open and you'll find a hand sanitizer station under the patio pergola.
- Please wait for players to vacate the courts, giving plenty of space around gates
- Nets have all been adjusted to the correct height and handles removed, so please avoid touching net straps
- Clay courts will be swept / Hard courts brushed by the groundsman each morning, so sweepers / brushes have all been removed from courts
- Try to avoid touching gates, fences, benches where possible
- Try to only handle your own equipment and balls (try to use your racquet / foot to knock back any balls that go astray from other courts).
- Change ends at opposite side of the net and avoid any physical contact with other players (handshakes etc)
- Players can SHARE TENNIS BALLS with others, however this still needs to be carefully managed and players should in particular take extra care not to touch their face during play.
- When playing doubles, consider agreeing in advance who should take a shot for balls down the middle
- If first aid is required you will find a box next to the back door of the Clubhouse or in the Junior pavilion next to court 15
- If you are last to leave the Club after 8pm, please throw the lock and pull the gate shut behind you
- Coaching is permitted on courts 6,7,8,9 and mini courts. Further details from the Coaching team will be announced in the near future with regard to a modified group coaching programme.
- All lessons are must finish 5 minutes before the following session to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- All coaches have separately marked balls, please try not to touch these and knock them back to coaches to collect
- Only one parent/guardian is permitted to watch/wait outside courts (although we encourage parents to simply drop-off / collect child from the allocated court)
- Please avoid Cash payments for any lessons at the Club
- Toilets are closed, so ensure children go before coming to the Club
MOST IMPORTANTLY - PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING (2M RULE) AT ALL TIMES
We very much hope you understand that all the measures that have had to be put into place are for everyone's safety and wellbeing and look forward to seeing you enjoy playing at the Club again soon.