Whilst it is essential that we all continue to strictly observe the social distancing and hygiene requirements, I am pleased to advise you that Members will once again have access to the Club‘s grounds, via the side gate, from 8.30am this Wednesday morning (weekdays) and 8.00am at weekends.
In accordance with the Government/ LTA guidelines, tennis and croquet can be played in Singles format with one other person from outside your household with social distancing measures being observed at all times, or in Doubles format entirely with members from your own household. Please try and space your activities out across the Club, to keep away from other Member groups, as best you can.
As a short-term concession, guest fees will not be payable by Members who are introducing other current occupiers of their own household, however Members must accompany any non-Members using the club at all times - guest fees STILL APPLY for any other visitors, please pay the fee (£10) writing your name on an envelope and putting through the letter box when you arrive.
Coaching is strictly 1:1 lessons only permitted, but no Club organised events will be taking place at the present time.
All Members aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please also note..
- All of the well publicised Government social distancing and hygiene requirements must be fully observed in and around the Club’s grounds and parking areas at all times please - this is for your own and everyone else’s safety.
Please see this video for more detailed guidance: CLICK HERE
- Tennis equipment including balls must not be shared away from family groups. Please bring your own wipes to clean your playing equipment and for when you use gates, handles, measuring sticks etc around the Club.
- Croquet equipment (balls and bisques only) will be available from just inside the croquet pavilion door..please wipe them down with the cleaning fluids and wipes provided before and after use and re-lock, wipe down the door handle and combination lock. The Croquet Committee will provide further guidance shortly re booking lawns etc.
- Weekend and Bank Holiday tennis court booking processes will be on-line for Members via the Clubspark website. All members will need to register as a new user on the system and bookings for the weekend will be available from this Wednesday (if you haven't received the booking link via email, please contact the Club Office)
- There will be no access to the Clubhouse (including the washrooms) at any time. The external drinking fountains will remain switched off.
- All activities at the Club are undertaken entirely at your own risk. We are constantly receiving guidance from the professional bodies and will update you when any further changes can be made.
With all of the above requirements being complied with, please do come and enjoy your sport and the Club’s lovely grounds, even if the playing formats and social interactions will necessarily be quite limited at the present time.
And remember - safety first!